After almost 5 months, I’ve made the decision to go back. Not to seek closure, maybe, but more of an impulse decision. And since I’m going to be back, why not? It’s just going to be a week, but if all turns out well, it could be a 2 year journey. I am really crossing my fingers this time round. Really really. I don’t know if I have ever wished something so badly. Why have I not thought of this for the past 3 years? I am beginning to open up to more options now and I really hope this brings me somewhere. Please please please. Let me live up to my own expectations. It’s still too early to talk more about anything else, but oh boy, please.
And turning 22 really isn’t fun, it’s kind of lame actually. But being this age forces me to grow up and be responsible for my own future.
Just looking back at the things I’ve done the past year:
1) Bungee jumped off a 50m tower and almost broke my neck
2) Jumped off an airplane 14,000 ft in the air, skydiving to earth at a speed of 200kph and free falling for 60s
3) Snorkeled with turtles, sharks and rays at the Great Barrier Reef for one entire week, morning till night and even got stung by jellyfish on my upper lip
4) Nursed a sick turtle and scrubbed off the algae on its back
5) Cast out a huge net by swimming (just cos I was short, the rest could actually walk) into the ocean to collect specimens of coastal marine animals
6) Been to places I’ve only seen on postcards
7) Emcee for camp and event back in college, something which I would never thought I could pull off
8) Had my 21st party at McDonalds and being a kid for a day
Onwards to the less glamorous,
9) Puked by the roadside, on the beach, in the showers, into the bushes, on the bus, off the balcony, into the many toilet bowls & sinks and made plenty of new friends in the washroom
10) Peed infront of everyone on the beach, in the bushes
11) Got introduced to por* but it was a really bad experience
12) Tried smoking (don’t judge me, I was trying to prove a point) and shisha
13) Kissed more than 20 people in a night and I wasn’t drunk
This is getting too long, I can’t remember the things I’ve done prior to exchange. My memories are too biased, but so grateful for the experience.
And okay, I’ve also decided I am not going to regret anything because I have once really wanted it.